Questions about 70-433 certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have 2.5 years of experience working with SQL Server 2005 and 2008 and am planning to take the 70-433 exam (TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Development) in a few months from now and would like to know your opinions and suggestions on the following questions.

1. Can you recommend a study plan you followed for preparing for the cert?
    2. I can't afford the MS prep books, so is there an index of topics that I would need to cover to prepare for the cert?
    3. I learnt that the Certification 2012 is about to hit beta in couple months from now. So will this exam be relevant?

Thank you.

• Edited by fsck Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:13 AM minor content edit
    • Moved by Naomi N Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:27 AM Better forum (From:Transact-SQL)
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

to get better support you should ask your question in the Training and Certification forum.

1. I would recommend the books from MS Press (but since you don't want it I have not really an alternative).
    2. You could find the topics which will be covered in this exam on this site.
    3. I think this exam will still be relevant. Not every company will move to SQL Server 2012 with its release. If you earn the MCITP you can upgrade it later to SQL Server 2012.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    • Proposed as answer by FZB Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by fsck Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:43 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

to get better support you should ask your question in the Training and Certification forum.

1. I would recommend the books from MS Press (but since you don't want it I have not really an alternative).
    2. You could find the topics which will be covered in this exam on this site.
    3. I think this exam will still be relevant. Not every company will move to SQL Server 2012 with its release. If you earn the MCITP you can upgrade it later to SQL Server 2012.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    • Proposed as answer by FZB Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by fsck Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:43 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank for the answer. :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:02 AM