Can Live Writer use an external Css

• Hello,

I am just starting to use live writer.

the problem i am having is that in my code i reference a couple of external CSS style sheets, and liveWriter seems to be ignoring this

Is this a "WAD"??

is there something else I need to do?

thanks for any help

Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:18 PM

All replies

• Windows Live Writer doesn't do any CSS by default and if the CSS that you're putting in the editor is being stripped out, it's most likely your BLOG [e.g. WordPress] that's doing it...

BUT you can check by checking the source code before publishing it.

The CSS for your site and CSS in the post, might be conflicting if they both address the same tags/sections.

I hope this helps...

Friday, June 25, 2010 2:05 PM
  • thanks for the response.

it is not that the blog is stripping out the CSS , but when in the editor the CSS does not seem to alter the display

so when the user saves/publishes, the article can look alot differnt because of the CSS

Friday, June 25, 2010 8:18 PM
  •  Ah.

Well, you can attempt to edit the CSS manually.

Windows Live Writer doesn't always detect the themes correctly, and its terribly irritating to come across this issue.

But you SHOULD still be able to use Windows Live Writer with those themes; you just need to make some manual adjustments. I've an article that are some options for Windows Live Writer users to try to help them with their theme issues.

I hope this helps...

Until next time,

Friday, June 25, 2010 10:21 PM