RDP mouse problems on 3 screen remote to 1 screen client... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a mesh on 2 devices(workstations) one with 3 monitors at 1600x1200 and the other with 1 monitor at 1920x1200.  In the original mesh release, I was able to RDP (assuming its RDP) into the 3 monitor machine with the 1 monitor machine and it would do screen scaling of the 3 to 1.  Though difficult to read, it was good for general overall display; at which point you could hit 'show actual display', and get scroll bars to move around.  This worked great until 2 updates ago.  Now the screen scaling and scrollbars still work but the mouse control is completely off.  Basically if you have screen 1,2,3 (and screen 2 is the screen with the taskbar), you can not get your mouse onto screen 1 or 3.  The mouse region is locked onto screen 2.  So in my original example the single monitor's lower right corner will get me to the system tray icons only, even if I have moved the display over to screen 1 or screen 3.

Is Mesh aware of this newly introduced problem?  I know Mesh is working on the RDP in general, but I just want to make the point that this USED to work.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We have seen a few reports of the mouse cursor not lining up over Live Mesh Remote Desktop, so this is a known issue (without a known workaround at this time, I'm afraid).  Please go ahead and file a bug through Connect (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums).

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 6:47 PM