none
Can't open old 2007 Money files using Money Plus because of Windows ID and Password RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to open my 2007 Money files that were password protected by a very old Windows Live ID and password and have not found a solution.  When I installed Money Plus I set it up for no password and went into Money and turned off the Windows Live ID password.  I'm fine until I try and open an old file and then it requires my Windows Live ID password again.  I have no idea what the password is and the Live Id has expired years ago.  Does anyone know how I can open these files?  Is there a way to stop Windows live ID from asking for the password - I have it turned off.

Monday, July 2, 2012 12:05 AM

All replies

• There is no way you can get in without the email address and password that were in effect for your LiveID when the file was saved.

If you knew the email address and something about the password, then there is an application that can try a list of passwords  or though trying variations by  trial and error. See the "sunriise - Added app.PasswordCheckerApp - add support for brute-force search (in additional to dictionary check)" thread posted June 17. With no idea of the password, it seems unlikely that you will get in.

Monday, July 2, 2012 2:29 AM