Does ICE work with several scans of different sections of a big map? RRS feed

• Question

• I've scanned a map into my computer in four pages. Each page represents a section of the map. A.bmp, B.bmp, C.bmp, D.bmp. I want to stitch these images together so that they become one image like the map. I tried in ICE using all the different camera motions but nothing works. I end up with an image that's part C and part D and they aren't stitched together properly.

Should the ICE tool be able to handle what I described? Do you have any recommendations for other tools to try?

Thanks

• Edited by popchoc Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:17 AM

All replies

• I am seeking to use this ICE package for exactly the same purpose. I have some 500 multi scanned large maps.

Have you found the easy solution?

It would be helpful if I dint have to spend the next 10 days sorting the best solution.

Monday, December 17, 2012 9:55 AM
  • Sadly I have not. Please post here if you discover something that works.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 8:51 PM
  • How much do your images overlap each other?

ICE (or any other automated stitching software) will need a decent amount of overlap in order to match the pieces well.

What is preventing you from simply loading all four scans into a photo editor like Paint Shop Pro on different layers, moving them into place, and then cropping empty space around the edges off the image canvas of at the end?

If you post your images online somewhere, I'd be happy to look at them and give it a go.

There is no effect without a cause.

Friday, December 28, 2012 3:20 AM
  • Thanks I'll have to try that. If you're aware of a good tutorial on it I'm all ears.
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:19 AM