none
Microsoft Money RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloadeda fresh copy of microsoft money, but the email or password is not taking. i changed my windows live id to make sure i know the correct email & password, but program still says incorrect pass word or email. Please help.......

Sam

Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:45 PM

All replies

• Disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your ethernet cable or turn off
    your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, click below the
    password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly,
    without access to all online services." then click Next.

While  you already tried to change
    your LiveID,  you must use the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file. Do not used the
    changed credentials.   If you get in to your file, to remove the
    Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your
    LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see
    File->PasswordManager.

The password is case-sensitive.  If you are not sure of your
    credentials, write down what you remember.  Consider permutations.
    Check your notes.  You will not get into the file without those
    credentials in effect when the file was saved.

Friday, July 29, 2016 4:59 AM
  • In addition to Cal's post, what version of Money did you originally have, and which version are you trying to install? You cannot change from an International version (including UK, FR or INTL) to any other language version, and an International version cannot be opened in US Sunset.

If you are trying to reinstall from Money 2005 disks, you need to download and install the 2005 version listed in the second "sticky" post which has all the required updates. The update servers that used to update your CD version no longer exist, so you cannot get an automatic update. The update changed the format of the 2005 Money data file, so the original 2005 program will report that the password is invalid because it cannot read the newer updated version of 2005. It "thinks" that the reason it cannot decrypt your file to open it is because the password is wrong. It is actually because the file format has changed and is no longer compatible.

The second sticky post is available at https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

Bob - MSN Mobile

• Edited by BobSmiley Friday, July 29, 2016 5:54 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 5:51 PM