Cannot connect to any networks. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, I have installed VirtualWiFi recently, it successfully installed and the miniport showed up in the network connections. When it tries to connect to the DHCP on my router, it fails and it automatically assigns itself a private address. I also tried manualy setting the TCP/IP info, still with no success. I am using Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN wireless adaptor.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Friday, April 25, 2008 3:40 AM

Answers

• hello SaechaoXx!!

problem is not with your wireless adaptor but it is with VirtualWiFi.
    Current version of VirtualWifi (i.e. 1.0)
    will NOT work with WEP and 802.1X.
    so try again without enabling WEP.
    Friday, May 23, 2008 6:46 PM
  • The WEP that is implemented in this version is only the 64-bit version. Feel free to modify the code to add support for 128-bit WEP. 

Friday, May 23, 2008 6:49 PM

All replies

• We have tried VirtualWiFi with the Intel 4965AGN, and it seems to work fine. Could you check the following:

• if wireless zeroconfig is disabled (using "sc query wzcsvc" in the command prompt)
    • if the wireless card is connected to the wireless network (using wirelessutils provided in the bin directory) before and after installing VirtualWiFi

Monday, May 5, 2008 7:43 AM
  •  

Thank you for your help, I have tried to connect to my wireless network using "Wirelessutils 4965AGN setssid S-Wireless IS -wep enable -auth share -key **************************". It than gives me the error IOCTL reload add WEP failed: 31. Do you have any idea on what the problem is? I tried this before and after installation.
    Monday, May 5, 2008 5:41 PM

• hello SaechaoXx!!

problem is not with your wireless adaptor but it is with VirtualWiFi.
    Current version of VirtualWifi (i.e. 1.0)
    will NOT work with WEP and 802.1X.
    so try again without enabling WEP.
    Friday, May 23, 2008 6:46 PM
  • The WEP that is implemented in this version is only the 64-bit version. Feel free to modify the code to add support for 128-bit WEP. 

Friday, May 23, 2008 6:49 PM
  • Thanks for all of your help on this problem. I have gotten it to work now with your help. Thanks!

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:24 PM