none
Microsoft Office Outlook Connector RRS feed

• Question

• With Outlook Connector, you can use Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, or Outlook 2007 to access and manage your Windows Live Mail or Office Live Mail accounts, including e-mail messages, calendar, tasks, notes, and contacts.

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector enables you to use your Live Mail accounts with Outlook:
    • Read and send your Office Live Mail/Windows Live Mail/MSN e-mail through the Outlook interface
    • Manage and share your Calendar schedule.
    • Manage your Live Mail Contacts.
    • Access your Tasks and Notes.
    • Use advanced options for blocking junk e-mail.
    • Manage multiple e-mail accounts in one place.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa0ad3b0-e1a4-4990-a2be-dde78fed0709&DisplayLang=en

Monday, March 12, 2007 10:37 AM

All replies

•  

Oie!!!

Friday, June 27, 2008 10:25 PM
  •  

Sunday, June 29, 2008 4:46 AM
  •  

I just switched my email for my domain to be hosted by Windows Live from Exchange 2003 server.

So far so good.  I'm able to do email, contacts, and calendar with both Outlook 2007 and the web interface (mail.live.com).

The main reason I swtiched mail systems was my Exchange 2003 server was getting to much spam email and Windows Live has decent spam filters.

Using the Outlook Connector is great as I said ealier but it does lack important features.

When I had Exchange 2003, I was able to use my Treo 700p (palm version) and do push mail using Exchange Active Sync.

Now that I use Windows Live, I can no longer use my smart phone to do email, contacts, or calendar.

As a user, I need to use my smart phone to access email, contacts, and calendar with Windows Live.

I view this as a critical feature that Windows Live lacks.

I did read that some of the smart phones that use MS mobile os can do these features in a limited manner.  However, I shouldn't have to buy a new smart phone just because I switched email systems.  Email systems and smart phones should be indepenent of each other and not one dependent on the other.

Frenchy

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 4:16 PM