Restore a drive only RRS feed

• Question

• I have a OneCare backup and lost my D: drive. Where is the option to select only the Drive I want to restore?

I tried the Replace Missing Files and it wants to restore 3GB on my C: drive (not what I want).

I tried Search for files (D:\*.*) and "Restore cannot find any files"

So I resorted to *.* and selected all of the D: files. Is there a better way??

Seams like this is an omission.

Also, my D: drive is EMPTY, but the interface says that "Some of the files already exist." Then it tells me that it is going to restore 2.5 GB to the C Drive. Can anyone shed some light on why WLOC is restoring files to C: when I did not choose and C: drive files.

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

Saturday, August 2, 2008 9:11 PM

Answers

• I am not sure what the design intent was for the OneCare restore, I am sure it was "simplicity". But another use case should be "advanced".

What finally ended up happening is OneCare took my e-mial files off of my D Drive and restored them to my C: drive (even though they don't belong there.) After moving the e-mail files back to my D: drive I was able to get everything running.

What is wierd is I did the restore again last night and OneCare again restored my e-mail files to my C: drive but this time it also resored copies to my D: drive.

The issue is that it appears that there is no way to easily restore a folder. The UI is focused on files.

HTH,

M

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:54 PM

All replies

• Matthew, I have replied via e-mail.

Sunday, August 3, 2008 1:55 PM
  • I am not sure what the design intent was for the OneCare restore, I am sure it was "simplicity". But another use case should be "advanced".

What finally ended up happening is OneCare took my e-mial files off of my D Drive and restored them to my C: drive (even though they don't belong there.) After moving the e-mail files back to my D: drive I was able to get everything running.

What is wierd is I did the restore again last night and OneCare again restored my e-mail files to my C: drive but this time it also resored copies to my D: drive.

The issue is that it appears that there is no way to easily restore a folder. The UI is focused on files.

HTH,

M

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:54 PM