none
The way posts are sorted RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm finding the way posts are sorted, latest reply first, very awkward. Sorting in original post order is more logical and makes finding a particular post much easier. Or at least there should be an option to do that.
    Ian Haynes
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:03 AM

All replies

• Then what happens when someone replies to a post that was started three days ago and is 5 pages back in the listing? You'll never know they replied unless you subscribed to the thread. (I don't want to have to subscribe to every thread, so....)

You can have this option if you want, but for me I need replies to kick a thread back to the top -- any forum I've ever participated in behaves this way.

Phil Brammer | http://www.ssistalk.com
    • Edited by Phil Brammer Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:19 PM Typo
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:18 PM
  • I agree with Phil on this point.

All threads 'should' bounce back to the top of the thread list when there is a reply.
    Otherwise, conversations will be 'lost' -and users will suffer.

If it is a choice of OP order or REPLY order, REPLY order is the only way to manage the forums. (If this is a user option -that 'might' be useful for some. My 'gut' reaction tells me that there is really little utility for OP order.)
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:21 PM
  • We do support that too. In the "Sort By" menu, it's "First Post" which is Original Post Date - Descending.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:29 PM