none
mediasmart lx197 blue disk light then flashes red and then stays blue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, does this seem like a drive issue? After start up all is good, all lights are blue, then 20 sec later it flashes red then back to blue on the drive light. Event log shows controller errors on disk 0 and there are some atapi errors. Western digital diag is ok, SMART passes. This is for the internal sata disk. Prior to the reboot it was running a backup and the machine was unresponsive, even via RD. However you will not see and io error for another day. 

When I run checkdisk on c is is ok however on the d partition of disk 0 i may get an io error. Is this more likely an issue with D rather than the physical disk as WD tool passes it on basic scan?

Friday, February 5, 2010 11:12 PM

Answers

• I recommend you contact HP on this. They will probably want to replace your drive...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:37 AM

All replies

• I recommend you contact HP on this. They will probably want to replace your drive...

Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:37 AM
  • Really? No disk errors since, rebooted again, all lights blue for a little while then disk goes blank, the health goes red for a second then all blue. Motherboard controller? All full scan using the WD utility gave no issues and I repaired the backups
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:03 PM
  • Maybe they'll want to replace your server, and let you keep the drive. :) I just know that it seems like an issue with the HP hardware, rather than the Windows Home Server core product, and we probably can't solve a hardware problem for you.
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:23 PM
  • I appreciate the time taken to reply Ken.  You have been great.
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:50 AM