Warning message on emails in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• When opening an email in CRM 2011, I'm seeing a warning that says the content may contain a malicious script.

This warning message comes up when the email content has scripting tags in them. When you receive formatted mails, there are chances that some of the styling was done through style and/or script tags. When it finds one of these in the email message, it tends to display the warning message.

If you track a plain text email in CRM2011 and open it in CRM 2011, you would not find this message.

Please help me figure out this issue, Could not find any help any where.

Thank you
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:54 PM

Answers

• Emails are promoted to CRM from router as HTML unless eplicitly marked as Plain text emails.
    Hence you would find this warning in emails that contain formatting.

If you are sure about the source of the emails, you may ignore this warning. Else, it is essential that the message is opened in a different window (as it does today) to prevent any client side scripts from messing with CRM.
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 8:48 AM

All replies

• Emails are promoted to CRM from router as HTML unless eplicitly marked as Plain text emails.
    Hence you would find this warning in emails that contain formatting.

If you are sure about the source of the emails, you may ignore this warning. Else, it is essential that the message is opened in a different window (as it does today) to prevent any client side scripts from messing with CRM.
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Hi Ravindra,

Is there is a way or work around to completely disable this feature? Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thank you,

Manoj Lakinana

Monday, May 9, 2011 4:40 PM
  • There is no supported way to display the warning message.  It is a warning that can be ignored if you trust the source

Regards, Donna

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:36 AM