how can i update my windows live OneCare when i'm behind a proxy !!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi , i can't update my windows live OneCare , because i'm behind proxy firewall i need to put these username and passowrd so that i can connect to the internet  and i seek inside the programm but i couldn't find it   !!!

so , what shall I do , by the way , i'm running on windows media center edition 2005 sp3

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:13 PM

Answers

• OneCare does not work with an authenticated proxy server, unfortunately.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:16 PM

All replies

• OneCare does not work with an authenticated proxy server, unfortunately.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:16 PM
  •  

so is there anyway to update my programm manually i mean the data base by downloading something from somewhere
    Monday, July 28, 2008 3:18 PM
  • OneCare requires a clear connection to the Internet for background updates as well as to update the subscription credentials. So, even if you downloaded the signature updates, you'll still run into trouble eventually. There is no official manual download/install, but you can use the Forefront updates from here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/

Note that this is completely unsupported and may not always work.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:30 PM
  •  

I'm sorry , but i dont' know what i do i opened the link but i've been lost for a while ,. where shall i exactly go to  ??
    Monday, July 28, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Personally, I don't recommend using the link, but if you insist, it is in the right hand sidebar of the page. You'll see Forefront Client Security latest signatures listed and a link for the 32 bit and 64 bit signatures.

If your PC is always behind an authenticated proxy, I recommend that you consider another security product and see about obtaining a refund for OneCare, if you've purchased it.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:40 PM