none
Cannot connect to TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Our 3rd party partner is running TFS 15.112.26307.0. I am running Visual Studio Professional 2017 (15.5.4). I am able to pull up TFS in the browser, but I cannot connect from Visual Studio. I get:

Server 'xxx.xxx.xxx.com' was not added. TF400324: Team Foundation services are not available from server xxx.xxx.xxx.com. Technical information (for administrator): Unable to connect to the remote server .... A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond {IP address}:8080.

I used to be able to connect from VS2017, and also from VS2015. I cannot connect from either anymore. I am using the Windows 10 VPN client to connect to their network, but that hasn't been a problem before.

I don't understand how it could fail to respond, given that I can pull it up in the browser just fine. And I can ping both the fully qualified domain name and the IP, and get working responses. Any recommendations?

P.S. Apologies if my question is off-topic. I would have posted this into a "Visual Studio Team Foundation Server"-category forum, but there appears to only be one for Application Insights, not general queries.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about TFS. Now the MSDN TFS forum was locked, please redirect to here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tfs and start a new thread with tag ‘tfs’ for a better support, it is also supported by our engineers, thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, January 19, 2018 6:39 AM