none
Windows 7 crashed, authinticity of Windows7 questioned,then finally authinticated after 3 hours Shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• Since Ive purchased this computer, Ive had nothing but grief concerning the validity of this Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (english) OEM install.This is not the first time that this install has been labled a copy. Time and time again, its been validated. Ive been constantly plagued with backing up my files and instead of backing all files to Disc, I used a Maxtor external hard drive which still wasnt enough,so I proceeded to use a online backup site. named 'carbonite', which has thrown me into this arena of Validation. I located the Windows 7 install disc that was already installed on this computer. I dont have a clue as to what the heck went wrong, when I started up my computer it stalled out and shutdown, then I started recieving popups  saying that I had pirated copy. I need help desperately, Ive had nothing but grief since I plugged this unit in. I believe that this particular install somehow became corrupted as Ive had nothing but trouble since. I have all necessary info in regards to the originality of this OEM install. I do believe that whatever identifying process is used to validate this install is filed away in the online backup that completed just this morning, and now here I am. Im totally a NOOB when it comes to issues such as this and I feel that this Computer arrived with problems right out of the box.The install disc states that it is a 'OEM systemBuilderPack' and that a 'OEM Preinstallation Kit' also installed as part of the requirements to installing this 'Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit' Windows 7 DVD licensed only with a new PC. Im totally feeling screwed as this has been a ongoing problem which Ive been trying to adjust to. Now this has happened, I dont even have a clue as to what it is I must do to prove that the computer that i bought already came with this Windows 7  already installed.and Ive had nothing but problems since, I would really appreciate some help and input as to what it is I must do now to get this mess straightened out. Thanks for your time reading this I hope that th following info. is helpful ----and The disc has just been validated...But I really need to figure out what caused this, and I need to fix it, I cant seem to load my system info off the page? maybe someone can help me to retrieve the information needed ..again, apologies for the NOOBish question
    Friday, September 24, 2010 6:52 AM

Answers

• "SunDanCer901" wrote in message news:78f82cbb-d4a1-4523-9f5c-67784e3b9b42...
    Since Ive purchased this computer, Ive had nothing but grief concerning the validity of this Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (english) OEM install.This is not the first time that this install has been labled a copy. Time and time again, its been validated. Ive been constantly plagued with backing up my files and instead of backing all files to Disc, I used a Maxtor external hard drive which still wasnt enough,so I proceeded to use a online backup site. named 'carbonite', which has thrown me into this arena of Validation. I located the Windows 7 install disc that was already installed on this computer. I dont have a clue as to what the heck went wrong, when I started up my computer it stalled out and shutdown, then I started recieving popups  saying that I had pirated copy. I need help desperately, Ive had nothing but grief since I plugged this unit in. I believe that this particular install somehow became corrupted as Ive had nothing but trouble since. I have all necessary info in regards to the originality of this OEM install. I do believe that whatever identifying process is used to validate this install is filed away in the online backup that completed just this morning, and now here I am. Im totally a NOOB when it comes to issues such as this and I feel that this Computer arrived with problems right out of the box.The install disc states that it is a 'OEM systemBuilderPack' and that a 'OEM Preinstallation Kit' also installed as part of the requirements to installing this 'Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit' Windows 7 DVD licensed only with a new PC. Im totally feeling screwed as this has been a ongoing problem which Ive been trying to adjust to. Now this has happened, I dont even have a clue as to what it is I must do to prove that the computer that i bought already came with this Windows 7  already installed.and Ive had nothing but problems since, I would really appreciate some help and input as to what it is I must do now to get this mess straightened out. Thanks for your time reading this I hope that th following info. is helpful ----and The disc has just been validated...But I really need to figure out what caused this, and I need to fix it, I cant seem to load my system info off the page? maybe someone can help me to retrieve the information needed ..again, apologies for the NOOBish question

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:58 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 7:57 AM

All replies

• "SunDanCer901" wrote in message news:78f82cbb-d4a1-4523-9f5c-67784e3b9b42...
    Since Ive purchased this computer, Ive had nothing but grief concerning the validity of this Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (english) OEM install.This is not the first time that this install has been labled a copy. Time and time again, its been validated. Ive been constantly plagued with backing up my files and instead of backing all files to Disc, I used a Maxtor external hard drive which still wasnt enough,so I proceeded to use a online backup site. named 'carbonite', which has thrown me into this arena of Validation. I located the Windows 7 install disc that was already installed on this computer. I dont have a clue as to what the heck went wrong, when I started up my computer it stalled out and shutdown, then I started recieving popups  saying that I had pirated copy. I need help desperately, Ive had nothing but grief since I plugged this unit in. I believe that this particular install somehow became corrupted as Ive had nothing but trouble since. I have all necessary info in regards to the originality of this OEM install. I do believe that whatever identifying process is used to validate this install is filed away in the online backup that completed just this morning, and now here I am. Im totally a NOOB when it comes to issues such as this and I feel that this Computer arrived with problems right out of the box.The install disc states that it is a 'OEM systemBuilderPack' and that a 'OEM Preinstallation Kit' also installed as part of the requirements to installing this 'Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit' Windows 7 DVD licensed only with a new PC. Im totally feeling screwed as this has been a ongoing problem which Ive been trying to adjust to. Now this has happened, I dont even have a clue as to what it is I must do to prove that the computer that i bought already came with this Windows 7  already installed.and Ive had nothing but problems since, I would really appreciate some help and input as to what it is I must do now to get this mess straightened out. Thanks for your time reading this I hope that th following info. is helpful ----and The disc has just been validated...But I really need to figure out what caused this, and I need to fix it, I cant seem to load my system info off the page? maybe someone can help me to retrieve the information needed ..again, apologies for the NOOBish question

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:58 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 7:57 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:58 PM