[CRM 2013 - Phone Call] How to get the accounts link to the contacts in the "Call To" field? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

When I select contacts in the "Call To" field in the Phone Call form, I don't have the information about the accounts this contacts are linked to, directly in the form in the standard of the solution.

Does someone know how I could get this accounts (linked to the contacts in the "Call To" field) in the Phone Call form?

Is it possible to realize this with the standard tools of MS Dynamics CRM 2013,  or do I have to use javascript?

Thanks for your help,

Raphael

• Edited by Rapothin Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:57 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:56 AM

Answers

• It depends on your requirement. Definitely You achieve this via java scripts. You have to retrieve regarding object i.e. Contact in Call To and than retrieve accounts related to this.

In this case you have to handle UI from your side.

You can also achieve this with Plugin and customization.  Create a Custom relationship between Account and phone call.  Write a plugin which trigger on Create\Update of phone call. Plugin verify that regarding object is set with contact. In that case you retrieve related account with that contact and link them with Phone call using above relationship. Here you can leverage Sub grid to display related accounts on phone call form.

• Marked as answer by Rapothin Monday, May 26, 2014 11:36 AM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 4:37 AM

All replies

• It depends on your requirement. Definitely You achieve this via java scripts. You have to retrieve regarding object i.e. Contact in Call To and than retrieve accounts related to this.

In this case you have to handle UI from your side.

You can also achieve this with Plugin and customization.  Create a Custom relationship between Account and phone call.  Write a plugin which trigger on Create\Update of phone call. Plugin verify that regarding object is set with contact. In that case you retrieve related account with that contact and link them with Phone call using above relationship. Here you can leverage Sub grid to display related accounts on phone call form.

• Marked as answer by Rapothin Monday, May 26, 2014 11:36 AM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 4:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Monday, May 26, 2014 11:36 AM
  • What about if the Phone Call is created by a Gampaign Activity when dridtributing them.

At this time the reference is set to Campaign Activity.

Is there any way to retrieve Account/Contact/Lead based on "to" field?

Monday, June 8, 2015 3:42 PM
  • You could probably do this in a simple manner using workflow, have it run when phonecall is created or when the to field is changed.

Also make sure to check the delete once completed successfully in the workflow, so you won´t fill your system jobs with records from this workflow.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Monday, June 8, 2015 4:02 PM