CRM 2013 Unified service desk forward and back Button are not workin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Unified service desk Forward and Back word options are not working?

can you please suggest it how to handle it?

Rammohan

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:07 PM

All replies

• Can you provide some details?  Screenshots showing us where the buttons aren't working?  Are you using your own behaviors in USD or some of the MS-created ones?  Are you traversing windows trying to get the buttons to work?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

I have opend the Patrick contact recod.

From the Contact of Patrick  have click the Activity

it's opened the "Need help sample" Case record.  Now i have go back to contact record. how can i go previous record of customer.

I tried with Back button it's not moving   can you please suggest me.

Rammohan

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Hmm, looks like there are multiple things going on.  First off, you're still getting the whole CRM UI inside the app panel.  Ideally that should be hidden and only give you the active record.  This might also be preventing the Back button from working, because to the app panel, it's still the same web page.

You need USD to capture those pages individually and handle them as unique behaviors so it knows to travel between the pages.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Thanks for your reply...

How can i capture the Unique Behavious of the pages and how can i set to work Back word and forward options to set ?

Is any configuration i have to do or USD works like this only..

Rammohan

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:27 PM
  • You need to set up Actions for each entity page you're looking at.  One for Contacts, and one for Cases.  You need to tell USD in those Actions to strip the Chrome and just use the form directly, and then also make sure the "New Case" action is captured as a new page, so the Back button can take you back to the Contact.

Better yet, have it open a new tab with the Case so you can look back on the Contact without losing Case context.  You could also split the content screen to top/bottom so you could have the Contact and Case data on the same page, depending on your need. 

I recommend going through the USD SDK Help.  Walkthrough 3 is all about displaying CRM records in the USD, and should answer a lot of your questions.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:41 PM
  • Hi Thanks for your reply..

Contact is Hosted control in USD.

I have click the contact records and am having 3 sub grids for contact records 1.Opportunity 2.Case 3.Products.

This sub grid while opening  it's opening within contact records it's not opening the new Tab.

I tried with Events and UII Actions  i can able to create the New Opportunity using Popup windows Event but still contact entity also showing the Opportunity entity insted of Contact.

Can you please explain bit more clear.

Rammohan

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:03 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

While am opening the contact record am activity page is comming on top.. i don't want it i try to remove the relation ship of the contact entity since it's system releation ship  not able to delete it.

and Forward and backward button of that activity also not working why it's required that actions  can you please suggestme how can i remove it?

Rammohan

Monday, February 23, 2015 12:13 PM