SQL file is blank when opened from an SSAS project RRS feed

• Question

• I have an SSAS project, which i've included a couple of SQL files were used to build DW objects.  When I open one of these SQL files from VS the file is blank (this is using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools, Editor Selector).  If I open the file using XML (Text) Editor it opens just fine but without syntax highlighting.  I'm using VS 2015.  Any ideas on how to get the file to open correctly using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools, Editor Selector?

Saturday, February 3, 2018 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Have you tried to open another SQL file in visual studio 2015?

If all of this have the issue, right click on the tab on an opened file-> select Close all documents, reopen .sql file. Please open an administrative CMD window and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE and run these commands:
                    devenv /safemode
    It prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts.

Besides, install the latest update(update 3) for visual studio 2015 and repair it.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 5, 2018 9:39 AM
  • Hi Moe Codez,

What about this issue? Would you please share us the latest information?

Actually the SSAS has his own supported forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlanalysisservices

If just the specific project has this issue, I suggest you discuss with the SSAS forum members.

Of course, if all SSAS projects have this issue, please share us the detailed steps about how we could repro this issue in our side, we will test it using the same Environment as yours.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 19, 2018 9:42 AM