Unable to log onto Webshare RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured an account correctly and can see it in the 'User Accounts' section of the WHS Console.

The account has full access to all shares.

When I try to log onto the webshare, I get the error: '
    An invalid username or password was provided.'

I have rebooted the server but I still get this error.

I know the password is correct because I have it a really simple password and I am being very careful when entering it.

I have tried creating 2 other user accounts but I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Sunday, July 6, 2008 10:59 PM

Answers

• The patches that came out yesterday (PP1 and the HP patch) have resolved this issue for me
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:01 PM

All replies

•  TechboyUK wrote:
    I have configured an account correctly and can see it in the 'User Accounts' section of the WHS Console.

The account has full access to all shares.

When I try to log onto the webshare, I get the error: '
    An invalid username or password was provided.'

I have rebooted the server but I still get this error.

I know the password is correct because I have it a really simple password and I am being very careful when entering it.

I have tried creating 2 other user accounts but I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Have you installed the beta version of Power Pack 1 on an HP MediaSmart Server?  If so, there are reports of bugs showing up afterwards.  It would probably be best to uninstall PP1 beta.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 11:20 PM
  • Yes I have installed the Public Beta Release Candidate of Power Pack 1.

I got the server yesterday and was a little surprised and annoyed to find that it didn't work 100% with Vista 64 bit!!! Hence I installed the beta (and my PC is now backing up as we speak!).

However the Webshare problem was an issue before and after I installed the beta software.

Backing up my PC is more important to me than the Webshare functionality, so I will keep the beta installed for now.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
    Sunday, July 6, 2008 11:31 PM
  •  TechboyUK wrote:
    Yes I have installed the Public Beta Release Candidate of Power Pack 1.

I got the server yesterday and was a little surprised and annoyed to find that it didn't work 100% with Vista 64 bit!!! Hence I installed the beta (and my PC is now backing up as we speak!).

However the Webshare problem was an issue before and after I installed the beta software.

In that case, I would suggest contacting HP support.  (However, they will probably recommend uninstalling PP1 beta first.)

TechboyUK wrote:
    Backing up my PC is more important to me than the Webshare functionality, so I will keep the beta installed for now.

I would be more concerned about getting your HP MSS to work properly first.  After all, it may only be the Webshare function now, but who knows what else may go wrong down the line.

TechboyUK wrote:
    Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Monday, July 7, 2008 12:20 AM
  • Please list all Software and Add-Ins installed on your MSS

Monday, July 7, 2008 1:46 AM
  • The Add-ins I have installed are:
    • WHS - IO Monitor Plugin
    • Client PC Information AddIn
    • Lights Out
    • Lobster
    • ASoft AutoExit 2008
    Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:49 PM
  •  TechboyUK wrote:
    The Add-ins I have installed are:
    • WHS - IO Monitor Plugin
    • Client PC Information AddIn
    • Lights Out
    • Lobster
    • ASoft AutoExit 2008

Thanks.

TechboyUK

Thanks for the info and was wondering if you installed Windows Sharepoint Services on your Server or some other software using port "80".

My experience is with WSS installed on port "80" the users added will not have access to the :Webshare"

Stopping the WSS  allowed the Webshare to pull the User data and therefore allowed access to the Webshare.

Not sure if this helps.

Does Lobster create a website running on port "80" ?? i know the other add in does not create any websites.

Good luck

Do you have any user that can access the "Webshare"?? and if so when was this user created??

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 11:28 PM
  • I ran a 'netstat -a' from the command line on the WHS and that showed that port 80 was not open. I have also uninstalled all of the Add-ins.

I have not installed WSS or any other software.

I still get the same error when trying to log on
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 7:14 PM
  • The patches that came out yesterday (PP1 and the HP patch) have resolved this issue for me
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:01 PM