ClientSyncProvider for SQL Server 2005 or later? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was looking for a synchronization method when I found "Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET". It is really exciting. Now I have encountered a problem. I have got different clients. Clients with SQL Server CE, SQL Server Express and even with SQL Server 2005. I was thinking that the API supports ClientSyncProvider for all of these clients but now I can see that it has only implemented ClientSyncProvider for SQL Server CE.

First I want to know if I'm right and other ClientSyncProviders are not released yet. If it is so when can we expect their release?

Thank you
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:37 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, July 16, 2007 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Ahmad,

It is true that we have only released a client for SQLCE. However, we are working on showing how to build client providers for SQL Express and other SKUs. We needed to make few changes here and there to enable that. The current plan of record is to release these samples with the final bits that will ship with Visual Studio 2008 later this year.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Ahmad,

It is true that we have only released a client for SQLCE. However, we are working on showing how to build client providers for SQL Express and other SKUs. We needed to make few changes here and there to enable that. The current plan of record is to release these samples with the final bits that will ship with Visual Studio 2008 later this year.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:53 PM
  • Hi Rafik,

Is Client provider for SQL Express has been released with Visual Studio 2008?

Thanks

Gavaskar

Friday, December 7, 2007 10:18 PM

• we have designs on using the sync framework to sync our point of sale systems with the corporate office.  do you have any idea when you will have a client provider for SQL Express (2005 or 2008)  ?

Thanks,

Roger
    Monday, May 19, 2008 9:23 PM
  • Hi Rafik,

Any update for this questions..., i am waiting answer from u whether microsoft ready to release it ?

Thanks,
    zahini 
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:34 AM