none
Is there an issue transferring files from an old WHS Data drive that causes File Conflict errors? RRS feed

• Question

• I have just rebuilt my WHS server and I am now in the process of transferring files from the <DRIVE>/DE/shares folders of my old data drives to the new storage pool.  I am having tons of problems with what looks like corrupt files.  While researching my error I found this thread: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whssoftware/thread/a1835351-0ee5-4aae-90d5-515b629b13c0  

This is exactly the problem that I am having.  Is this a coincidence or is it indicative of some other major problem?
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 3:57 PM

Answers

• FYI in case anyone else comes across this I was finally able to delete these files but it took multiple tries with several programs that are supposed to help you delete problematic files.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:12 PM

All replies

• Make sure you are transferring to the \\server\ path and not directly into any of the \DE\shares folders
    Also could check that your disk has passed "chkdsk /r /f"
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:41 PM
  • I was definitely copying to the \\server\photos, etc. path.  I have been doing this for three days and I am now down to 6 problematic files that I just can't delete.  But I was having the exact same issue as Pete Cresswell as described in the lined thread above so it seems that I am not the only one to see this issue.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:03 PM
  • FYI in case anyone else comes across this I was finally able to delete these files but it took multiple tries with several programs that are supposed to help you delete problematic files.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:12 PM