Sync upload originatorid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On the client I do a sync (Upload only) to an SQL2008 server with change tracking enabled. When an insert-insert conflict happens, I pick a new primary key and modify the e.Context.DataSet with the new key.

After this the client does a download only sync, but the row with the new key is not downloaded because change tracking thinks it is already synced (but I changed the primary key...). How can I make sure that the row with the changed primary is marked as not synced? I tried setting the e.Context.ClientId to a different GUID but no luck.

Thank you
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 3:07 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I still have no solution for this ->

Client uploads a change, but on the server I modify this row during sync. Now I need the client to get this row back with the changes when he downloads, but the row is not downloaded (I assume because the client thinks it is already synced during the upload).

How can I force the client to download this row on sync? I tried changing ClientId and OriginatorId but no effect...

Thank you
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 10:22 AM
  • May you capture the TSQL you app sent to the Server which resolving the conflicts and the one enumerating the server change after upload?

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:10 PM
    Answerer