KB952785 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've obtained the hotfixes listed in KB952785 to hopefully get integration between OCS and CCM working (by not sending the +), however I can't work out where to do the configuration on the mediation server.

The KB article says:

To make sure that Mediation Server operates correctly together with PBXs, update 952780 adds a new Mediation Server configuration file setting for Communications Server 2007. This configuration file is called RemovePlusFromRequestURI, and it contains one of two settings, YES or NO

However, I can't find any file called "RemovePlusFromRequestURI" nor can I find any global config file or registry settings.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Alex

Friday, August 22, 2008 10:22 AM

Answers

•  

I just found out how to do it, tested with sipX:

Create a file with Notepad, in the Mediation Server directory (where the MediationServerSvc.exe is) and name it MediationServerSvc.exe.config

Content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="RemovePlusFromRequestURI" value="Yes"/>

</appSettings>

</configuration>

So, remember this is a per-server setting, not a per-route or per-target, so you might actually need one Mediation Server depending on how the remote peer supports the + sign E164.

Enjoy !

Benoit.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hey I didn't know this article (this may come in handy)

Did you try to look for RemovePlusFromRequestURI.config as I guess it might be a .NET Configuration file

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:54 PM
  •  

I know - exactly what I need!

Unfortunately that file doesn't exist. The only OCS related .config I could find was C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Tracing\OCSLogger.config which isn't right Sad

Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:32 AM
  • HI Alex,

Unless you have premier support from Microsoft you wont be able to get the patches that are outlined in this KB article. You need to apply the patches before the files will appear. It will be released publicly with documentation on how to configure it soon.

Cheers

Chris

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:53 PM
  • I have got the patches - I just phoned up and asked for them!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Classic, so much for premier support;-) There should be documentation coming out for it soon. The files you are looking for should be on the mediation server I would guess. odd that they are not appearing.

Cheers

Chris

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:41 PM
  • So did the files appear after you had installed the patches? Did it work - did it solve your problem with the + sign?

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:43 AM
  • No, the file(s) didn't appear. I presume you have to create this file in a certain location.

I haven't yet had a chance to follow it up further with MS.

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:29 PM
  •  

I just found out how to do it, tested with sipX:

Create a file with Notepad, in the Mediation Server directory (where the MediationServerSvc.exe is) and name it MediationServerSvc.exe.config

Content:

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="RemovePlusFromRequestURI" value="Yes"/>

</appSettings>

</configuration>

So, remember this is a per-server setting, not a per-route or per-target, so you might actually need one Mediation Server depending on how the remote peer supports the + sign E164.

Enjoy !

Benoit.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:35 PM
  • Lovely, thanks!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:56 PM
  • Additionally, see the OCS_VoIP_Guide.doc:

Most Mediation Server configuration is performed using the Office Communications Server 2007 administrative snap-in. Support for TLS, however, requires running a configuration file, MediationServerSvc.exe.config. To obtain this configuration file you must download and install Office Communcation Server Mediation Server hotfix package as described below in the procedure “To configure gateway link for TLS”.

and later in the same document:

In a text editor, create an XML file in the following format:

<configuration>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="GatewayTls" value="On" />
        <add key="GatewayFqdn" value="gateway.domain.com" />
      </appSettings>
    </configuration>

This applies specifically to the TLS connectivity on the gateway side

Ps. It seems to me that info is quite well hidden in the guide.
    Monday, September 8, 2008 9:03 AM