none
Remote SQL Install problem - must be trusted for delegation RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the scenario.

From my desktop, calling install.ps1 sitting in share on ServerA
    Remotely installing SQL2016, Management Studio, and ServicePack1 onto ServerB.  Install media in same share on ServerA as script.

If I open an RDP window to ServerB, never go past the desktop, and minimize it off to the side, everything works fine.

If I just run the script without having RDP connected, I get an error 0x80090345 re: "computer must be trusted for delegation..." only for the SQL2016 step.  Studio and SP still install just fine.

Why will having an RDP window that I am not using in any way open make a difference?
    Why do 2 of the 3 installs work, when all are in the same share?

I have already run this on both ServerA and ServerB, and confirmed setting have taken.

Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role Server -Force
                Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role Client -DelegateComputer *.<domain> -Force

Here is the relevant code in question.  The commented values to were a different approach that made not difference.  I have also tried entering a PSSession at the beginning of my script just to have that connection going and also had no effect.  

#$doit = "cmd.exe /c `"\\ServerA\software\SQL2016\Enterprise\setup.exe`" /CONFIGURATIONFILE=`"$file`" "
    Invoke-Command -ComputerName $servername -Credential $cred -ScriptBlock { 
        Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role Server -Force
        Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role Client -DelegateComputer *.ky.gov -Force

Invoke-Expression "net use * /delete /yes"
        Invoke-Expression "net use `"\\ServerA\software`" /user:domain\user `"secretpswd`""

Invoke-Expression "& `'\\ServerA\software\SQL2016\Enterprise\setup.exe`' /CONFIGURATIONFILE=`"$using:file`" "
    #   Invoke-Expression "$using:doit"

Invoke-Expression "cmd.exe /c `"\\ServerA\software\SQL2016\ClientTools\SSMS-Setup-ENU_2016.exe`" /install /quiet /norestart"
        Invoke-Expression "cmd.exe /c `"\\ServerA\Software\SQL2016\ServicePacks\SP1\SQLServer2016SP1-KB3182545-x64-ENU.exe`" /Quiet /AllInstances /IAcceptSQLServerLicenseTerms "

Invoke-Expression "net use * /delete /yes"
            }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The workaround of openning a remote desktop isn't too bad, but I'm trying to get my entire team to use the process and need to keep it a simple as possible.

Thanks in advance,
    --Craig

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:49 PM This is not SQL Server management forum
    Friday, August 4, 2017 1:48 PM