none
Update Currency exchange rates in Money UK 2005 using HLEOFX RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Money 2005 UK, so for now quotes are still updating. However, I have to update exchange rates by hand. Is there an automated solution to this using HLEOFX?

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:09 PM

All replies

• No but I am still looking into it. Sort of slip down  in priority  in my TODO list since I thought that "updating is still working" means the exchange rate table is being updated too. Is that not the case?

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 4:03 PM
  • No, as far as I can see the exchange rates are no longer updating.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:09 PM
  • Hello,

Have you made any progress in the exchange rate updating?

I've been looking into this more carefully. It seems that MS Money UK uses two different sets of exchange rates.

The principal exchange rate table does not update. The rates therein can only be modified by going to Program Settings/Update Currencies and then individually modifying exchange rates - a fiddly and time consuming procedure.

However, if I buy or sell an investment not in my base currency, then Money does download the exchange rate for that transaction.

However, if the principal exchange rate table is not accurate, all the portfolio gain calculations are not accurate as they use the exchange rate from the principal exchange rate table to calculate the true gain/loss.

It would be very useful if it would be possible to update the principal exchange rate table automatically.

Saturday, April 2, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Unfortunately, I have not spent much times on it since last update. Currently state:

. We know there is NO known way to import currency rate via *.ofx that will affect the "principal exchange rate table"

. Modifying the "principal exchange rate table" via other paths such as 'sunriise' is possible but we are still in a very early stage of that project.

Wish I have better news.

Best,

Monday, April 4, 2011 9:03 PM
  • There are some progress on this front. Please give it a try and feedback: http://code.google.com/p/hle-ofx-quotes/wiki/Update_FX_Table_Automatically

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:39 AM