Java Exploit problems RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have XP Professional w/ SP3, am all updated, have IE8 and use Microsoft Security Essentials (discovered I had a problem when my virus definitions wouldnt update), use Windows Firewall, and run MalwareBytes once a week. I went to Windows Live Onecare scanner and it found the following 11 items - 4 severe issues.        Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.CG,              Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.EQ,             Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-3867.CA,              Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-3867.EQ,

ANY IDEAS WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT AS LIVE SCANNER SAID IT CAN'T BE CLEANED

Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:23 PM

All replies

• Update Java to the latest version and scan again. For help with MSE updates visit the MSE forums - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

JIm

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:33 PM
  • I did not know you could have windows live one care and microsoft essentials loaded at the same time. Anyway..here's what I did. Uninstall Live One Care (It finishes soon anyway). Install the microsoft essentials again so it can update. Do a FULL system scan. The Exploit files are regarded as severe and unless you change your Windows Essentials settings menu they will be automatically removed.

Hope this helps

Saturday, July 31, 2010 10:16 PM