Can not navigate more than one directory deep in Home server remote access page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 
        I am having a strange problem I hope someone can help me with.  I can access the shared folders tab on my home server remote access web page.  However, I can not navigate deeper than one folder on any of my shared folder.   So, for my shared music, I can open the music folder but I can not open any of the sub-folders below that.  Instead when I click on one of the folders i end up back at the shared folders root directory again.  any ideas?

thanks,
    David

Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:49 PM

Answers

• kariya21,
        I thought it might be related to some sort of permissions issue.  I am not able to access the permissions on my server right now but I will post as soon as I can.  Probable in 3-4 hours.
    -David
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:17 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:19 PM
  • I am not sure how it happened but I think the problem has been solved not.  All the permission were set correctly .  So what I did was create a new user with full permissions and then removed the new user.  That seem to refresh the security permission for the other users as well.  Problem solved
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:18 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:17 PM

All replies

• ShadowHawk219 said:

Hello, 
        I am having a strange problem I hope someone can help me with.  I can access the shared folders tab on my home server remote access web page.  However, I can not navigate deeper than one folder on any of my shared folder.   So, for my shared music, I can open the music folder but I can not open any of the sub-folders below that.  Instead when I click on one of the folders i end up back at the shared folders root directory again.  any ideas?

thanks,
    David

That happens when the Security permissions on the subfolders have been changed in the underlying OS (Server 2003).  Can you check the Security permissions of those subfolders and post the results here?
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:57 PM
  • kariya21,
        I thought it might be related to some sort of permissions issue.  I am not able to access the permissions on my server right now but I will post as soon as I can.  Probable in 3-4 hours.
    -David
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:17 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:19 PM
  • I am not sure how it happened but I think the problem has been solved not.  All the permission were set correctly .  So what I did was create a new user with full permissions and then removed the new user.  That seem to refresh the security permission for the other users as well.  Problem solved
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:18 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:17 PM