Problems backing up my WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I've been backing up my WHS for more than a year now with no issues.  I just transferred everything a few weeks ago to a new machine (clean install & restored from my WHS backups) again with no issues.

Tonight, I was backing up my WHS and now I've receiving the following errors on a bunch of files being backed up:

• Failed to process file Videos P-S\Red Dawn\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_7.VOB : Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

I have plenty of hard drive space (over 33% free) and only about half of my memory is being used.  If you notice the above is a video file of dvds I'm backing up.  I don't think it's because of the file size as I have over 800 dvds backed up and this is only happening to about 20 - 40 files.  All drives & folders show as "Healthy".

Hardware configuration:

Norco 4U RPC-4220 20 Bay SAS Chassis - Intel S3210SHLC Server Board, Xeon Quad Core Q8300, 4GB RAM,
    Adaptec RAID 4-Port SAS/SATA RAID Card 5405, Chenbro UEK-13601 SAS Expander
    WHS Operating System - 16TB Storage Pool - 14TB Backup

Any help anyone can lend would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 4:55 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the quick reply.  However, it seems to be my anti-virus software, Avast for WHS, that was causing the problem.  I've removed it, ran my backup, and all of the files that wouldn't back up, have now backed up.
    • Marked as answer by Paul Carvajal Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    new machine means usually new network card and different drivers. Not for each network adapter the Windows Server 2003 drivers are perfect.
    Did you attempt to reboot your server already?

If this does not help on longterm, you can try to adjust the registry on the server to supply more system ressources (put the following lines into a text file with extension .reg and import it on your server by double clicking it, after doing so reboot):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
    "PagedPoolSize"=dword:ffffffff
    "PoolUsageMaximum"=dword:00000030

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:10 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply.  However, it seems to be my anti-virus software, Avast for WHS, that was causing the problem.  I've removed it, ran my backup, and all of the files that wouldn't back up, have now backed up.
    • Marked as answer by Paul Carvajal Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:23 AM