none
Microsoft Answers: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again" Again RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

A couple of hours ago, I tried to respond to an Office thread over at Microsoft Answers. This was in error, as I am not actually an Office subscriber- is that because the forum matches my login ID with a subscriber list?

But then a new thread was attempted at the Community Participation Centre. The Submit button was activated and then it was grayed out and the message was not sent. Even tried to respond to this (amazingly still) open thread, but sadly it was "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again" again. Even after logging off, clearing all cookies and logging back in Edge. And the reply text was nothing more than "Testing 123". And this when visiting other MS pages:

It's cool that the link for the uploaded image in the rejected post is still valid!

So there we are, it's such a weird fun game when every where you go in Bill's little dungeon, there's a locked door, and nothing that resembles a key within coo-ee!

A natural, B flat, C sharp, D compile

• Edited by LaurieSt Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:21 PM
    Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:05 PM

Answers

• If you cannot post using your current answers profile account then you'll need to create a new one and ask for help in the answers site / problems forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/fdbk_commsite-bug

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 2:52 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:21 AM
  • FYI: My profile in their posts comes up as inactive, but thanks, easily done, in fact.

Edit: Victim to an uber aggressive spambot. Ouch!

Cheers.

• Edited by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 11:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 11:28 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:52 AM

All replies

• Guess the answer to the thread locking is to watch the Moderation Requests over at Community participation. At the time of writing, this one is still current. But the "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again"- that's something else.

• Edited by LaurieSt Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:21 PM
    Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:20 PM
  • Microsoft answers forums is a different platform and has no association to MSDN / TechNet forums. I'd try asking for help over here.

I was able to create a test post without issues. You may have to create a new account to post with.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:23 PM
  • An edit to the OP:

The attached graphic in the OP shows what happens when following on the link given in the answer to this locked question. Does any non-Office subscriber get that as well.

It may be that anyone without "Office credentials" attempting a post at any of the Office subforums gets a site-wide lockout (for how long?)

@Dave Patrick: Yes, sorry- this might then be moved to Off Topic if any better. Still locked out of posting at Microsoft Answers, even with a test post in reply to this feedback thread still incurring an "Oops, sorry...". A new MS account you say? Might there be some ban against the current one? How does one know? Thanks. 

• Edited by LaurieSt Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:24 PM
    Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:23 PM
  • I'm quite sure the office forums are not selective like you described. Yes, it could be the account is banned. Might check the link for your answers profile for clues or try creating another answers profile to post / ask in their site / problems forum.

Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:29 PM
  • I'm quite sure the office forums are not selective like you described. Yes, it could be the account is banned...

Agree, although it was odd at the time in Googling the "Oops..." most of the hits of Thread Lockouts appeared to come from posters to Office sub forums.

Unfortunately cannot post at any of the links you have provided either. The Answers profile has me down as A.user, and there is nothing in there to indicate being banned. As it is important to know whether the account was compromised in any way, is there any chance you, or someone else on this forum could forward on to me the email address of an Answers moderator?

Thanks.

• Edited by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 2:19 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:17 AM
  • If you cannot post using your current answers profile account then you'll need to create a new one and ask for help in the answers site / problems forum.

• Marked as answer by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 2:52 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:21 AM
  • FYI: My profile in their posts comes up as inactive, but thanks, easily done, in fact.

Edit: Victim to an uber aggressive spambot. Ouch!

Cheers.

• Edited by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 11:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by LaurieSt Monday, February 11, 2019 11:28 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:52 AM