none
Change path of existing folder pair - Local to Network drive RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    I've created a folder pair to 'echo' the files from local folder to shared folder on my laptop.
    The proble m is that I've used the IP address of the laptop instead of his name, but the IP address is dinamic, and now the laptop has new IP address and I'm not able to use already created folder pair. In this case the only solution is to create new folder pair.

In my opinion it would be nice SyncToy to be able to edit the Path of the folder pairs or to use previously created folder pair as a template (something like "Duplicate Entry") instead of starting from the beginning with all settings.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:02 AM

All replies

• I completely agree!!
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Yes I agree too!!! In my humble opinion, this should be considered a must for future versions of SyncToy. There have been numerous times I have had to delete a folder pair and start over, all because it won't let me just revise the path. I syncronize folders from various places on our network to keep up with collaborative work on many projects. People often rename or move folders, or I may need to do the same sometimes, and occassionally server names change. So frustrating when it could be so much easier with just a tiny tweak to the UI here. (please please pretty please ! !  !    !   ;-).

It would be great if SyncToy could also automatically create the path on the local machine if it is not already there. Currently I have to do File>New>Folder File>New>Folder over and over to build the path of the new location each time I set up a folder pair.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:43 PM