Data Replication Between Flatfiles and SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• I am hoping someone could answer this questions as to whether the Microsoft Sync Framework is able to accomplish this or not.

We have a system using Southware (Vision File System Format) and want to replicate this data to SQL Server.  Basically, if we had two SQL Server instances, it would be a Database Replication between the two SQL Servers, but Southware isn't a database as we think of SQL Server, it is a flat file system using the Vision File System Format.  Currently, we are looking at a homegrown solution, but there has to be some way to do this with SQL Server or some third party software package / Microsoft Framework (Sync) that can manage the data replication between a Southware (Vision File System) "database" and a SQL Server Database.

Would anyone be able to help out and let me know if the Sync framework is able to accomplish something like this, keeping both the SQL Server and Southware "database" data in Sync, much the same way you would between two databases using database replication as it just seems we cannot be the first company to want to do this.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:07 PM

Answers

• there is no out of the box sync provider for Vision File System. if you want to use Sync Framework, you will have to write your own sync provider for that format.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:08 AM

All replies

• there is no out of the box sync provider for Vision File System. if you want to use Sync Framework, you will have to write your own sync provider for that format.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:08 AM
  • Thank you for the response.  That is exactly what I wanted / needed to know.  I greatly appreciate the help.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:40 PM