"Activate IIS AppPool" failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As I try to deploy the server, I got stuck on "Activate Web components". here's the error msg:

Activate IIS AppPool   Application Pool: IIS://SHIBUI-JET12.shibui-jet.cisco.com/w3svc/AppPools/LSGroupExpAppPool
      Failure
    [0x8007041D] The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I've checked event log, but there is not too much - I got an error msg before saying I need to install the certificate, which I just completed. But the installation still can't move forward.

Here's the event log:

Failed to activate Office Communications Server 2007, Web Components on machine SHIBUI-JET12.shibui-jet.cisco.com.

Error: 8007041D

Description: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I really want to find out where it is failing... Is there any log I can look into? Or some kind of trace that I can turn on. Really appreciate your help

yunhua

Friday, July 6, 2007 1:18 AM

Answers

• You can use the logging tool included with the Resource kit (...setup\i386\setup\lcsreskit.exe).

Did you assign the  certificate manually to the IIS default website server?

Friday, July 13, 2007 11:15 PM

All replies

• You can use the logging tool included with the Resource kit (...setup\i386\setup\lcsreskit.exe).

Did you assign the  certificate manually to the IIS default website server?

Friday, July 13, 2007 11:15 PM
  •  

Can you give us an update on your issue? Please let us know.
    Friday, July 27, 2007 6:16 PM