????? program not found - skipping autochk RRS feed

• Question

• I have run chkdisk and found problems but does not solve the autochk error.  I have reloade autochk as indicated in a microsft suggestion and no help.  I have turned on all startup and service programs and booted and still get error.  The error noted above comes up every time on boot up and then computer comes up normally.  Do not wish to eliminate the autochk procedure for fear of further issues resulting in the future so would like to fix it if anyone knows a sloution.  I see it must be a common problem by the input on the web but none of the solutions I have found work so far.  I am running XP Pro SP 3 and will need to encrypt the drive once I get this fixed.

Thanks to anyone for any thoughts they might have.

Bob
    Molly Dog
    Molly Dog
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:36 AM

All replies

• I have run chkdisk and found problems but does not solve the autochk error.  I have reloade autochk as indicated in a microsft suggestion and no help.  I have turned on all startup and service programs and booted and still get error.  The error noted above comes up every time on boot up and then computer comes up normally.  Do not wish to eliminate the autochk procedure for fear of further issues resulting in the future so would like to fix it if anyone knows a sloution.  I see it must be a common problem by the input on the web but none of the solutions I have found work so far.  I am running XP Pro SP 3 and will need to encrypt the drive once I get this fixed.

Thanks to anyone for any thoughts they might have.

Bob
    Molly Dog
    Molly Dog

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  Do you have a home server?  If so, you should try restoring your computer from your most recent backup.  If you don't have a home server, you should post your question in the XP forums.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:56 AM