CRM 4.0 for Outlook 2007 cannot connect to the server RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi, recently we have installed CRM 4.0 on SBS 2003 with MS SQL2005. Everything is working fine. The only thing I need to find out is the issue with MS Outlook 2007. All users are working externaly outside the domain. When I try setup CRM for outlook no matter what my choice is I am still recieving "The request failed with an empty response." or "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." The web access works fine. DNS record regarding to IFDTools is resoved corectly I am getting really desperate as I have spent already number of hours to resolve this problem. Please help... Peter
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:02 AM

Answers

• Have you tried adding the URLS to trusted sites in IE?  First try trusted sites and add all variations of the URL.  If that does not make a change, try adding all the URL's to the Trusted Intranet sites.  Be sure to close your browser after each reset.

Also, you may want to clear all stored passwords on the machine and clear your internet cache.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, February 20, 2009 4:25 PM

All replies

• What URL are you telling the configure CRM in Outlook wizard?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:03 AM
  • Same URL as the CRM Web site... http://ezetekpacific.ezetek.com.au but I have tried to input also IP address or access it localy but without any success. 
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:18 AM
  • I have CRM installed on SBS2k3 on the port 5555 so I can access it on ezetek:5555... but i can't set it up in outlook....
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:20 AM
  • Did you actually run the IFDTool?  You do need to run the tool to set various database and registry entries. Apologies if you've done this.

And does configuring Outlook for a userwithin the local network work?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:30 AM
  • Yes I have run the IFDTools and all settings looks fine....  I am tring to setup all clients as an external users outside my network.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:33 AM
  • Hi Ezetek,

Can you post a screenshot of your IFDTools setting that might help to solve your problem

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:41 AM
  • Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:39 PM
  • I can't post the screenshot... but in IFDTool is everything ok. DNS is resolved correctly but still there must be something else.

I have setup IFD + On Premises with local IP 192.168.16.1 and IFD Domain and AD Name HTTP.

AFD App  ezetek.com.au and AD root domain ezetek:5555

I have no idea where is the issue...

Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:56 AM
  • When I try to login from external, I cannot connect using the Outlook client. I get the sign in page, however it fails to connect. If I browse via the IE to the same site , I get given an ISA server forms authentication page. If I enter the credentials I get into CRM.

What am I missing??

Friday, February 20, 2009 12:27 AM
  • Have you tried adding the URLS to trusted sites in IE?  First try trusted sites and add all variations of the URL.  If that does not make a change, try adding all the URL's to the Trusted Intranet sites.  Be sure to close your browser after each reset.

Also, you may want to clear all stored passwords on the machine and clear your internet cache.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, February 20, 2009 4:25 PM