none
Not able to install WHS on PC RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased a HP P6011y desktop computer to install WHS on. When I boot into the install I get a “unable to initialize UI subsystem”. The system came with, and is running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit just fine. It is a dual core Pentium with 6 gigs of RAM. I have WHS with Power pack 1 install media
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:52 PM

Answers

• It seemed to wok with IDE, but I would like to run the controller in AHCI mode, getting BSOD..

Can this be done?

Any idea?

Russ

I did get it installed with the controller set to AHCI

thanks
    • Marked as answer by Russ_S99 Friday, November 20, 2009 4:50 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:06 AM

All replies

• I have purchased a HP P6011y desktop computer to install WHS on. When I boot into the install I get a “unable to initialize UI subsystem”. The system came with, and is running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit just fine. It is a dual core Pentium with 6 gigs of RAM. I have WHS with Power pack 1 install media

First, WHS is 32-bit only (so you might as well remove at least 2 GB of RAM since you'll never get any use out of it).

Does it even get to the Welcome to Windows Home Server screen?  Have you tried using that media in a different computer (to see if it's a problem with either the media or the DVD drive)?
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:47 AM
  • Try a different DVD-ROM drive.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:21 PM
  • Looks like I got it. I had to change the SATA setting in the Bios to (IDE) from(RAID) and I got to the Install Sceen.

Will update after I get the install done, Thanks for your help

Russ
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:25 PM
  • It seemed to wok with IDE, but I would like to run the controller in AHCI mode, getting BSOD..

Can this be done?

Any idea?

Russ

I did get it installed with the controller set to AHCI

thanks
    • Marked as answer by Russ_S99 Friday, November 20, 2009 4:50 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:06 AM