MS Office Validation RRS feed

• Question

• My MS Office product is part of my MS Provider Action Pack. Why does it not pass the Genuine validation?
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Answers

• I assume the Action pack is part of a subscription, you may need to speak to the support staff for that program. Log into your account and look for support options such as chat or conceirge or email support.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:42 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 12:49 AM

All replies

• I assume the Action pack is part of a subscription, you may need to speak to the support staff for that program. Log into your account and look for support options such as chat or conceirge or email support.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:42 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 12:49 AM
  • I've seen this happen for a couple of different reasons. The most common was when I wiped a bunch of old laptops with a boot&nuke CD, and then tried to reinstall the office on a new notebook. As part of the Action Pack you are limited to 10 installs on systems. Not 10 copies of all - just 10. Because the old systems were not deactivated in the activation database, the new install is not allowed to be activated.

You need to contact a rep in the Action Pack support area to get that issue resolved.

Another problem that can occur is if the Action Pack subscription has expired. The Action Pack license needs to be renewed every year, it is not a perpetual license like the retail version is. If it is not renewed, your keys are invalidated. That may not happen immediately, but it will occur. This occured right after I joined a new company who didn't know they needed to renew the license keys, and the old Systems Admin didn't know this either when he was in the process of leaving the company. Action Pack had expired a month before I started.

If this is the case, how long the action pack has been expired will probably determine if you can pay the lesser renewal cost instead of the new subscription price. When I last renewed the difference was about $100, but they no longer offer the version with media, so if you want an older software package, make sure you have backups. Gone are the days of huge binders of quality media being shipped out quarterly with sales documentation.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:01 PM