none
How much prior BI experience for 70-448 RRS feed

• Question

• The MS certification site "Audience Profile" lists prior experience with BI as a prerequisite for studying for exam 70-448.  I have none really; just VERY minor experience with SSRS as it has recently been configured to run a set of annual reports at my work.  Most of my experience with SQL Server has been using SSMS.  I'm curious about the BI side of SQL Server though and there appears to be more of a void in this area at my work.  How much prior BI experience does one really need to pursue this path?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

the official Microsoft site states that you should have round about two years of experience. If you have heavy day-by-day experience with all BI components of SQL Server you can take it earlier. So, it depends...

If you just develop small reports and work with SSMS you should have a look at all components of BI like SSIS, SSAS, etc. Like you see on the the rest of the page provided by Microsoft there's a balance between the three main technologies of BI. Because you need round about 70% to pass the exam you should earn some exerience with all aspects.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cooper Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:53 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:18 PM
    Answerer