Can't subscribe to OneCare - Direct Debit Declined RRS feed

• Question

• I have had an email saying that my direct debit instruction was declined. I have contacted my bank and they tell me that they have had no request for money. Try as i might, despite several hours, i can't find anything that might tell me how i can resolve this or how i can talk to someone at microsoft to find out what the problem is.

I have found that many of the 'help' links are circular, i.e. they just bring you round to the same page all the time, so i am reluctant to waste any more of my time trying to use the 'help' facility or read long and laborious scripts on how to fix the problem.  As i see it, i want to give micorsoft some money so why should i have to put myself to so much bother?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Use the instructions on how to reach support via the email form as trial user and it isn't "circular."

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:37 PM
  • Hi and thanks, I'll give that a try when i get home.  In the meantime:

1. There were no instructions on how to reach support on the email I received
    2.  The link you gave listed 16 steps as below. Assuming you know that these are the steps to take, it's still an awful lot of faff to go through. Why not provide a link directly to the last 3 steps from either the email or from the billing webpage?
      • To open an email support case without validation:
      • Open OneCare
      • Click on Help
      • Click "Windows Live OneCare Help"
      • In the window that opens, click "Show me more topics"
      • In the browser window that opens, click "Get More Help" in the lower right hand corner
      • Click "Get Support"
      • Select "Billing Support" or "Technical Support"
      • Select "No. This is a new issue"
      • Select "on a different computer"
      • Click Continue
      • Select "I have a trial/beta version of OneCare"
      • Click Continue
      • Sign in with your LiveID
      • Fill in the form with as much detail as possible and click continue
      • Make a note of the Case ID
    3. Even after I've persevered through all that lot, I'm still no closer to actually resolving the issue. I've still got to wait for a day or more until someone looks into it and then probably just sends me another link to a whole load more steps to follow. The point is that making me jump through all these hoops just isn't very good customer service.
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:06 AM
  • You're right. The path to support is unwieldy. If you read the FAQ post introduction, you'd know that I agree with you that it needs to be easier.

-steve

Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Did you ever resolve this problem?  If so, what happened? Exactly the same thing has happened to me - my direct debit was declined even though there are sufficient funds in my account.  I've sent an email to OneCare support and I'll probably get a reply tomorrow.  I have online access to my bank account and I just checked it and it appears that no direct debits have been lodged by Microsoft.

By the way I'm in the UK.  Does Microsoft often have problems accessing bank accounts of customers who live outside the US? 

Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:50 PM
  • No. I wasted many many hours trying to resolve this without joy and with much help from Microsoft. In the end I bought Kaspersky (3 user licence less than £25 now) and had it installed and working within the hour. I still can't believe how poor my Onecare experience was. Microsoft have seriously let themselves down on this one.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 6:58 PM