none
Cannot read forum discussion due to buggy layout

Answers

• In the meantime, the forum software seems to be useable again. From the "feel", it's gone back to a version we already had quite some time ago: when I move a thread I now get the forum "Home" listing instead of seeing the thread in the target forum, as has been the case since we got the new navigation pane...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:29 AM

All replies

• I use the "threaded" view.

You could have the equivalent of that with the NNTP bridge.

Another benefit:  you could find things in long threads.  Try doing that using the forum's web access.  <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:26 PM
  • I had the same problem today, and had to switch to flat view to see the post, and then back to threaded view.

That of course destroys the html in signatures, so I had to rebuild that as well.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?&lt;=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]&quot;0x$_&quot;}})

Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:21 PM
  • In the meantime, the forum software seems to be useable again. From the "feel", it's gone back to a version we already had quite some time ago: when I move a thread I now get the forum "Home" listing instead of seeing the thread in the target forum, as has been the case since we got the new navigation pane...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:29 AM
  • I use the "threaded" view.

You could have the equivalent of that with the NNTP bridge.

Another benefit:  you could find things in long threads.  Try doing that using the forum's web access.  <eg>

Actually you can find things in long threads using the "Find in page" feature of the browser. It's finding things in a whole forum (or group of forums) that is impossible with the web interface, because the search uses OR rather than AND.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, May 24, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Actually you can find things in long threads using the "Find in page" feature of the browser.

Not IE's Find but in fact, I suppose I was thinking more of Answers with its segmented threads (which is an idea which is often touted for here in order to solve a performance issue) when I wrote that.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, May 24, 2014 4:27 PM