CRM 2013 - how to have big "Mutiple Lines of Text" field? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I make my "Multiple Lines of Text" field in CRM 2013 have more than 1 row? This option was available in 2011 but I don't see this in 2013 and all it does is create one row field, but I want this field to house mini articles and want it to be 10 rows in height. Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks so much

Dan

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:39 PM

All replies

• Dan,

the same is possible in CRM 2013 too.,Check that your field's Maximum length accommodates the data you need. I used 200,000 to test. On the field's properties set the number of rows.. The Desc field shows 10 rows height in snapshot below.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Friday, February 7, 2014 7:28 PM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 7:28 PM
  • Thanks, and this is what I would expect, but my "Formatting" tab does not have "Row Layout" it ends at Layout
    Friday, February 7, 2014 8:44 PM
  • not sure if this related to incompatible browser.. I see you are using IE but worth checking with a different browser (IE 11 is still not supported). I used chrome and had the Row Layout options.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:01 PM
  • just tried on Chrome, same thing. I also used IE 10.. This is very annoying!! Am I missing some update on CRM?
    Friday, February 7, 2014 10:12 PM