Get backup end time. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing a add-in/windows service that set the server into hibernation on idle.

During the backup time the server should no go into hibernation, so I need the backup start and end time.

The start time is easy:

WHSInfoClass pInfo = new WHSInfoClass();

pInfo.GetBackupStartTime();

... but how do i get the end time?

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:42 PM

Answers

• You may want to read over the IWHSInfo methods in the SDK. There's a method: GetBackupEstimatedCompletionTime() that matches the GetBackupStartTime() method you mentioned. However, I don't think those methods do what you probably think. They only tell you the status of the currently running backup, i.e. when it started and when it's estimated to complete. They don't give you the start and end time of the backup window.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:11 PM

All replies

• You may want to read over the IWHSInfo methods in the SDK. There's a method: GetBackupEstimatedCompletionTime() that matches the GetBackupStartTime() method you mentioned. However, I don't think those methods do what you probably think. They only tell you the status of the currently running backup, i.e. when it started and when it's estimated to complete. They don't give you the start and end time of the backup window.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:11 PM
  • Sorry!

I have already read the IWHSInfo methods, but just skipped the GetBackupEstimatedCompletionTime() because of the misleading name. It is the start and end time of the backup window i'm looking for, at I think this method actualy returns the end time of the backup windows.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Sandal
    Denmark
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:22 PM
  • You are correct that the method returns the end time of the backup window.  There isn't currently any method for returning the finish time for the last backup.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:20 AM