WHS Network Health status RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have connected my desktop which is running Windows XP Home Edition with Windows Live One Care 2.0 AV connected to WHS through the Windows Home Connector and a laptop running Windows Vista connected with Forefront Client security connected to the same WHS box.

Both the boxes are successfully reporting to WHS. If I disable the Firewall setting in my Vista laptop the Network status of the WHS changes to red and it is asking me to fix it and the status is changing to 'Network is Healthy' if I Enable the firewall.

But if I disable the Firewall in Windows XP the WHS is still indicating that the 'Network is Healthy'. I have performed the following steps to fix it but no luck.

1. Checked the password of the local user in Windows XP PC with the user password(which is same) in WHS.

2. Uninstalled Windows Home Connector in Windows XP and removed the PC from WHS.

3. Reinstalled the Windows Home Connector in Windows XP PC

But still the Health status of the WHS is not switching if I change the Firewall setting in my home PC.

Is anyone know how to fix this?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:13 PM

Answers

• There is nothing wrong. XP doesn't expose certain APIs that are required for the WHS connector to determine and report the AV and firewall status of a PC, so Network Health reports don't include that information for XP clients.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:04 PM