unable to connect to my remote computer when clicked on "connect" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Sir,

I am trying to connect to my remote(office) computer and when clicked on "connect" i got message asing to connect to smart card reader.Previously mesh havent asked for this previously but now it is asking.Can you let me know why?After i connected smart card reader,it is asking for PIN.Is PIN is our password of RAS?When clicked on cancel,it is not asking to connect to smart card reader and when clicked on connect,throwing error message "cannot connect to <machinename> To try connecting again click retry.Error code: 00000000,0".when clciked on retry throwing the same error.

PLEASE HELP ME

Regards,

Sunil

v-bsunb@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:00 PM

Answers

• Sunil, contact the internal alias at Microsoft for assistance with this *or* install the Live Sync beta which is part of the Wave 4 beta of Windows Live Essentials.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:39 PM

All replies

• Sunil, contact the internal alias at Microsoft for assistance with this *or* install the Live Sync beta which is part of the Wave 4 beta of Windows Live Essentials.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:39 PM
  • I am having similar issues. I am running version
    Windows Live Sync Beta Version 2011
    Build (15.4.3001.0809)

I have 2 computers in the mesh network. ServerA(Laptop), ServerB(Desktop). Both running same version.
    I am able to Remote connect from ServerB(desktop) to ServerA(Laptop) but not from Server A to ServerB

Below is the error

[Window Title]
    Windows Live Sync Beta

[Main Instruction]
    Smart card required

[Content]
    To connect to "ServerB", please insert a smart card.

[OK]

Regards,
    Levi

Levi Justus
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:24 PM
  • Are you with Microsoft, Levi? If so, contact the internal alias.

If not, head over to the forums for Live Sync at http://windowslivehelp.com - this is the old Live Mesh beta.

-steve

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:11 AM
  • Thanks Steve!!
    Levi Justus
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:02 PM