Can I renew onecare subscription 4 months before due date RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to pay for my renewal 4 months before the due date.  Is this possible?   

NEW EDITED SECTION:
    I have also just found out, while waiting for a reply, via checking the threads. I noticed that Onecare will be phased out in 2010 and it will not be supporting windows 7.  Could someone explain this to me please. I have Microsoft Office 2007 does that mean my products are at risk? Or have I got a bit confused? Should I still renew?  What are my options?  I have been with onecare for nearly 2 years and I am really happy with the service.  If someone could answer my questions it would be most appreciated.   
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:49 PM

Answers

• Short version, log into your Windows Live account associated with OneCare and click renew, you should be offered as free 6 month extension, though it might not be available 4 months ahead.

By the end of the 2009, and probably by the time Windows 7 is released to the public, a free anti-malware called Microsoft Security Essentials will be available to replace that portion of OneCare.  It won't however, have any of the other features like backup, firewall and the circle/hub.

For more, see the first couple posts near the top of this forum, or in fact many of the others here since this has been a hot topic for months now.

I would guess that MSE will be out long before your subscription to OneCare runs out.

Rob
    • Marked as answer by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:58 AM

All replies

• Short version, log into your Windows Live account associated with OneCare and click renew, you should be offered as free 6 month extension, though it might not be available 4 months ahead.

By the end of the 2009, and probably by the time Windows 7 is released to the public, a free anti-malware called Microsoft Security Essentials will be available to replace that portion of OneCare.  It won't however, have any of the other features like backup, firewall and the circle/hub.

For more, see the first couple posts near the top of this forum, or in fact many of the others here since this has been a hot topic for months now.

I would guess that MSE will be out long before your subscription to OneCare runs out.

Rob
    • Marked as answer by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:58 AM
  • Thanks Rob for answering my question, much appreciated.

I have now checked and I am getting 6 months free extension.  Well. I suppose that will give me some time to do some research on a replacement.

Take care...
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:45 AM