System view/Navigation bar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In another thread, I was given advice (re: an Advanced Find) to: 

"Then save this as a system view and place right on the navigation bar for easy access."

Can someone help me with this?  I'm not familiar with how to do it.  I'm a little confused on this forum as moderators often mark my questions as answered/complete when I'm not quite done with them, and I don't receive notifications on my threads.  But I get so much great info here.  :)

Thanks--
    gg
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi GG,

As an aside, if your question gets marked as answered, feel free to unmark it until you receive all the information needed.

To create a System View, you will want to go to Settings, Customization, Customize Entities and open the Entity that you want to use.  Select Forms and Views from the left navigation menu and select the New button then create your new System View, Save and Publish.

Also, be sure to select the Alert Me option if you want to receive notifications.  You probably already know that but I thought I would mention.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:59 PM
  • Thanks for the help Donna.  I do have the Alert me button checked, but I don't receive notifications - I thought maybe it ws common as I'd seen someone else mention it in a post.  Anyway, no biggie, I just keep checking back.

Re: system views, thank you - I am familiar with setting those as you described - for some reason, I thought he was going a different direction:

"You can create an advanced find agains notes -- perhaps all notes related to cases created during the past week.  Then save this as a system view and place right on the navigation bar for easy access."

Is there a way to save an existing Advanced find view as a system view, or was the advice to create both perhaps?

How do I save a system view on the navigation bar?  Or is this referring to the default dropdown "View" list?  I wondered if there was a way to add a button to the navigation bar without programming?  If not, I could dig around for a way to do it with programming - not sure we would go this route, but would like to consider it.

Thanks so much!!
    gg
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:11 PM
  • Hi gg,

I am not aware of a way to create a 'standard' AD view and then save that as a system view.  I don't know what the other person was referring to but what I described and you already know is the way to save a System View.  My guess is the other person was referencing this method and the 'standard' View drop down list but I could be wrong. 

You can fairly easily add a button (link with an image) to a toolbar but to get that to do anything other than run a report, open a window etc., you'll need to do some programming. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:33 PM
  • Donna,

Thank you.  Could you point me in the right direction to:  can fairly easily add a button (link with an image) to a toolbar?  I'm not seeing this feature...

Thanks!
    gg
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:49 PM
  • Wonderful - thanks very much!
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:33 PM