can only boot in safe mode or... RRS feed

• Question

• What forum should I use to get help with solving this problem?  As of yesterday, I'm can only to boot my Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop in "safe mode" or "safe mode with networking." This started when I booted my computer with my external hard drive attached. I back up my computer each day and normally, I unplug the external before booting. Yesterday morning, I forgot to do that. When I've tried to boot with the external attached before, the computer has frozen and I've had to manually turn it off and unplug the external and then boot again, without problems. This time, I walked away from the computer and when I came back it was trying to boot over and over again, until I selected safe mode.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hello DocSea,

This forum is for the support of Vista Activation and Validation issues. For your issue, I recommend posting your question in one of the Vista Answers forums at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista  If you can't figure out which Vista Answers sub-forum to post in, post in "Vista Assistance" (12th down in the list) and they will direct you to the forum that best fits your issue.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:04 PM