Vista updates cause sudden failure of validation RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I put in a report as advised.  Despite receiving an e-mail stating that I would be contacted within one working day I have not been contacted and cannot ask why not as the address from which the conformation comes is 'not monitored'.
    I believe that the measure of a company is in how they respond when things go wrong.  On this basis, if this continues, Microsoft will eventually be losing my business.  Until this breakdown I have been an active advocate of Vista.  However, this is clearly a failure caused by the interaction of official updates with this over sensitive anti piracy software.

The fact is that there are a rapidly increasing number of people reporting precisely this problem. I assume that computationally it cannot be a terribly difficult issue to get to grips with as it concerns the antipiracy subroutine. As such,
    it is frankly astonishing that no workaround or solution has been found.  I assume that as this is an official Microsoft support forum there is some route by which the moderators can get in touch with the support people.  I would really appreciate it if that were to happen.  I am losing faith in this software and this company. Some hope would be much appreciated at this point.
    • Split by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:01 PM Splitting post....Stephen
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:46 PM

Answers

• Maphuk,

I found your previous link under user alias m4tthew @ http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/574b9862-ae51-460b-a84f-abafb1b0821c . It appears none of the potential resolutions we provided fixed the problem you are experiencing.  The Online Validation Code: 0x80070426 which indicates your Vista's Software Licensing Service has stopped. The problem probably resides within the Vista OS vs. with the WGA aspect. This is why we recommended you to contact Vista Support at http://support.microsoft.com or reinstall Vista. Maybe your best option @ this point would be to back up all of your files and completely reformate your computer then reinstall Vista. This way you will have a fresh installation, purge any potential viruses, and have a fresh start. As I said previously we apologize for not having any other potential fix actions.

Hopefully this will help clarify the problem you have been experiencing. 

Again thank you Maphuk

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:32 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:32 PM
  • Maphuk,

As I previously mentioned you experienced an Online Validation Code: 0x80070426 which indicates your Vista's Software Licensing Service has stopped. This problem resides within the core Vista OS vs. with the WGA aspect. This is why I recommended you to contact Vista Support at http://support.microsoft.com When you visit this page please locate "Contact a Support Professional by Email, Online, or Phone" link located on the upper right side of the page. There probably will be an associate cost because it is not WGA related.

Maphuk I fully understand what is involved with performing an Windows reinstallation. This would save money as well as time involved with trying to identify what has caused the actual problem. Either way there will be time involved with either solving the problem through reinstallation or trying to identify what the actual root cause may be. I wish there was more which we could do through the forum. This is why I have made the recommendations I have.

Again I am sorry for not being able to provide more information. Thank you Maphuk.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:38 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:34 PM

All replies

• Good Morning Maphuk,

Thank you for posting today in our forum. First I wanted to let you know that your post was split to form a private thread for you. This will help with confusion while working with more than one person at a time in one thread. 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the “Windows” tab, and click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

If you do not have access to the Start Button:

1)    Login to Vista and click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.

2)    Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.

3)    A window will come up asking if you want to “Run” or “Save”, Select “Run”

4)    When the program runs, click the “Continue” button, then click the “Copy” button.

5)    Return to this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/799b8752-d51d-4112-af11-ce54787ecabf

6)    In a reply post, paste the Diagnostic Report.

Thank you again,

Stephen

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:13 PM
  •  I am sorry to have caused confusion but, MSN seems to have capriciously logged me off as m4tthew and logged me on as maphuk.  I have both accounts and this seems to occur moderately randomly. 

Sorry for the confusion.

I have already done this, on Friday, no one has responded.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:59 PM
  • Maphuk,

Which profile did you run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and the provide us with the results? I didn't know "until now" that m4tthew and maphuk are one in the same user. Would you please re-run the tool and please provide the results here under this thread as maphuk?

Thank you,

Stephen
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Maphuk,

I found your previous link under user alias m4tthew @ http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/574b9862-ae51-460b-a84f-abafb1b0821c . It appears none of the potential resolutions we provided fixed the problem you are experiencing.  The Online Validation Code: 0x80070426 which indicates your Vista's Software Licensing Service has stopped. The problem probably resides within the Vista OS vs. with the WGA aspect. This is why we recommended you to contact Vista Support at http://support.microsoft.com or reinstall Vista. Maybe your best option @ this point would be to back up all of your files and completely reformate your computer then reinstall Vista. This way you will have a fresh installation, purge any potential viruses, and have a fresh start. As I said previously we apologize for not having any other potential fix actions.

Hopefully this will help clarify the problem you have been experiencing. 

Again thank you Maphuk

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:32 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

Frankly if that is a 'solution' then I'm changing OS.  A clean install means weeks of minor niggles and shakedowns. It simply isn't acceptable.

I don't have any viruses. Until this event I was patched at all times and using AVG on a daily update.  The problem is clearly caused and re-caused by a windows update. I opened a windows report last Friday, despite the one working day promise, no reply is yet forthcoming.

The bottom line is that I want a solution, not a series of attempts to brush the issue under the carpet.  With no guarantee that this issue will not reoccur in a month or two, this is an unacceptable approach.  I know that you are not personally responsible and have to follow the corporate line, but this is really starting to erode any faith I have in this company.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:55 PM
  • Maphuk,

As I previously mentioned you experienced an Online Validation Code: 0x80070426 which indicates your Vista's Software Licensing Service has stopped. This problem resides within the core Vista OS vs. with the WGA aspect. This is why I recommended you to contact Vista Support at http://support.microsoft.com When you visit this page please locate "Contact a Support Professional by Email, Online, or Phone" link located on the upper right side of the page. There probably will be an associate cost because it is not WGA related.

Maphuk I fully understand what is involved with performing an Windows reinstallation. This would save money as well as time involved with trying to identify what has caused the actual problem. Either way there will be time involved with either solving the problem through reinstallation or trying to identify what the actual root cause may be. I wish there was more which we could do through the forum. This is why I have made the recommendations I have.

Again I am sorry for not being able to provide more information. Thank you Maphuk.

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:38 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:34 PM