Does a Gateway Intallation Bought From Fry's Qualify for the Bonus Packs Offer? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm in the same position as tinysquare below.

I would be grateful if you would let me know whether Vista Premiun installed by Gateway, but purchased through Fry's, just doesn't qualify, in which case, the "or" language in the offer should probably be changed, or whether you have some remedy for this.  Thanks.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:48 AM

Answers

• Do Dell, Gateway, and other major computer manufacturers qualify as local PC builders for this offer?
    No. The BONUS PACK offer excludes products intended for major computer manufacturers or part of a volume license agreement. Please review the complete eligible parts list for details.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:19 AM

All replies

• Do Dell, Gateway, and other major computer manufacturers qualify as local PC builders for this offer?
    No. The BONUS PACK offer excludes products intended for major computer manufacturers or part of a volume license agreement. Please review the complete eligible parts list for details.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:19 AM
  • Thank you for your prompt reply.

I looked at the eligible parts list you linked, which indicates that:

"For a license to be eligible it must have one of the part numbers on this page OR be purchased through one of the PC builders listed on this page."

I don't know about part numbers, but the item was purchased through Fry's, which is "one of the PC builders listed".

Maybe I'm not following what the eligible part list says and it doesn't contain the exclusion you indicate.

If there is an exclusion, given I must have missed seeing it, I'd be grateful if you would, at least, consider giving me a credit against future Microsoft product purchases as a goodwill gesture?

That, after all, was the point of the offer, and I am a Vista Home Premium customer in the market for additional softwear so anything you can do in this respect would be appreciated.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:01 AM
  • Hi vistaid,

Can you please create a support incident at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?c1=509&gprid=9860, then post the Incident ID here? I will then contact you directly to work through this issue.

Thank you,

Jenifer

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:48 PM