need system default RRS feed

• General discussion

• A friend of mine was messing around with my computer and now I am having a whole bunch of problems.  It is telling me that my memory is low,  it is slow to shut down and I cannot add any new users when i do create a new user they cannot logon.  All my restore points are gone.  I need to restore the entire computer to their defaults because I do not know what he did and do not want him messing with the computer again.  Please help!!
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, April 16, 2010 10:04 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, April 16, 2010 10:04 PM Off topic. Not an MSE question. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Friday, April 16, 2010 9:30 PM

All replies

• I don't really know how to help since I don't know what your friend did and there are no system wide default settings. The best solution might be to take your computer to a local repair shop. Another alternative, if you have current backups, would be to reinstall Windows.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, April 16, 2010 10:04 PM
  • Okay.  After "the incident" I am now getting a memory error.  Can this be fixed?
    Friday, April 16, 2010 11:27 PM
  • The memory error you are seeing is most likely related to the to the changes made to your computer and should not be a problem after you reinstall Windows.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:04 AM