Support SQL Express? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am using SQL Server Express to stored data in each branch which will be accessed by mutilple machines. Does Sync Service support SQL Server Express? Which provider should I use?

Thank you
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:43 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:03 PM

Answers

•  

Client being sqlexpress server is not supported at the current release of the synchronization service. but the scenario you described ( sync to a data center at particular time ) is a very common scenario for synchronization service applications ( with SSCE as the client db at the current release) where sync service developers can put the logic in the application to achieve this goal.

thanks

Yunwen

Monday, November 19, 2007 1:07 AM
  • Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    I have another question, But if I use SQL Express as database in workstation and server at branch? Then at midnight, data will be sync back to HQ which is SQL Server 2005 standard edition.

Is it supported?

Thank you
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:27 AM
  •  

Client being sqlexpress server is not supported at the current release of the synchronization service. but the scenario you described ( sync to a data center at particular time ) is a very common scenario for synchronization service applications ( with SSCE as the client db at the current release) where sync service developers can put the logic in the application to achieve this goal.

thanks

Yunwen

Monday, November 19, 2007 1:07 AM
  •  

Hi,

What if I need on the client machine Sql Express because of the support for views and stored procedures?

When can we expect to see the SqlExpressClientSyncProvider?

Or we should start building our own? Some work involved here Smile

Thanks,

George

Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:13 AM
  • We are planning to post the sample for express client provider shortly so that you can take that and extend it.  At some later point, we plan to build our own implementation of express provider as well. 

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:12 PM
  • Hi all,

Is there any news on this? Is the sample for express client out already?

Thanks,

-Vicky

Sunday, March 2, 2008 8:52 PM
  • Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:21 PM